February 08, 2010

8 Relationship Rules It's Time to Retire

Posted on 9:54 PM by News and issues

Who says you have to play by the rules when it comes to dating? Sometimes it pays to do things your own way. Men and women share some new takes on some old guidelines.

1. Relationship rule to retire: Wait for the guy to call you

Why does the guy always have to contact the woman after a date? We want to know you had fun just as much as you want to know we did! A cute text a few hours later or a short call the next day does the trick.

2. Relationship rule to retire: Lie about your busy weekend schedule so he'll (theoretically) want to go out with you even more

Get rid of the rule about not giving away your Saturday. As in, don't let him have Saturday for a date because then he'll think you're a loser without any weekend plans.

3. Relationship rule to retire: Call after the obligatory three days

I find it frustrating that there are timeliness of when it's too early or too late to ask someone out again. Who knows what these timeliness are and who set them anyway? If I like you, I want to ask you out on my schedule (which is right away) and not have anything read into it.

4. Relationship rule to retire: Cook for your man

We love the deal that if we cook, you'll do the dishes, but frankly, we'd love to lose the idea that we always have to be the ones to cook.

5. Relationship rule to retire: Let the man (always) pay the bill

I'm all for chivalry, but I'm also about equal opportunity. Splitting checks is sexy and not just during these slower economic times. More than anything, the gesture shows me that this is the type of girl willing to put her half into a relationship.

6. Relationship rule to retire: Put on a show to impress your date

I got so tired of feeling like I had to impress my date with a comedy routine. Once I learned to relax and be myself, that's when the real connections began.

7. Relationship rule to retire: Divide TV time equally

Let's do away with point systems when watching TV together: A girl should not have to sign three hours of her life away to the New York Jets because she wanted to catch an episode of Grey's Anatomy.

8. Relationship rule to retire: Go out alone on a first date

I don't think that a first date has to be a 'first date.' A first hangout can be just as great. Bringing friends along really helps ease the stress and pressure.



No Response to "8 Relationship Rules It's Time to Retire"

Leave A Reply

Analytics

BidVertiser